Job Description: Paralegal (Transactional - Ship Sale and Purchase & Finance)
As an In-House Paralegal in our London office, you will support our legal department in transactional activities related to ship sale and purchase, as well as finance transactions. Working closely with the General Counsel, you will ensure compliance with legal requirements and facilitate smooth and efficient transactions by drafting, reviewing, and coordinating legal documents.
1. Transactional Support:
- Assist in ship sale and purchase transactions, including drafting and reviewing purchase agreements, memoranda of understanding, bills of sale, corporate authorities and related documents;
- Coordinate due diligence processes, including title searches, vessel inspections, and regulatory compliance with vessel registries;
- Manage company registrations, withdrawals, and mortgage registrations with ship registries; and
- Arrange and lead closing meetings, and liaise with external stakeholders to agree on closing procedures.
2. Financing Assistance:
- Collaborate on financing transactions, reviewing loan agreements, security documents, guarantees, and related instruments;
- Coordinate documentation and execution, liaising with lenders, notaries, and internal finance teams to ensure regulatory compliance; and
- Draft and review corporate authorities required to enter into transactions.
3. Document Management:
- Maintain accurate and organized legal documentation and databases;
- Manage legal files and coordinate condition precedent documents; and
- Support contract management and maintain a repository of templates and standardized clauses.
- Collaborate with departments such as operations, finance, and compliance to provide legal guidance and support;
- Work closely with various departments to review transactional conditions precedent, following up with parties where necessary, to ensure that all items are satisfied pre-closing; and
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including local counsel, notaries, brokers, and financial institutions.
5. Administrative Support:
- Provide general administrative support, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, coordinating closing procedures, and handling correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, with preference for an additional LPC or SQE qualification.
- Proven experience as a Paralegal, preferably in transactional work within shipping or maritime industry.
- Strong understanding of ship sale and purchase transactions and financing processes.
- Familiarity with maritime law, international regulations, and industry practices.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Proficient in legal research tools and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with professionalism and discretion.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please email your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 26 July 2023