Job Description: Operations Assistant Cyprus
SMT Shipping’s Cyprus Operations Department is looking for another Operations Assistant to join their team in Limassol. No previous experience is needed, all training will be provided on the job.
The Operations department is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the ships, ensuring that each voyage of every vessel is performed safely and efficiently and that all operations are carried out in an expedient, professional and commercially justified manner in compliance with the Company’s policy, charterers’ requirements and international regulations.
Duties for this position include:
- Daily updating of position list & data systems
- Submitting/freezing budgets
- Writing the CP (if no broker involved)
- Keeping close contact and coordinating with Charterers and all third parties involved with the ships
- Check bunker orders & invoices before payment processing
- Prepare and sending the freight invoice to Charterers
- Prepare and sending the TC hires to Charterers
- Prepare and sending the laytime calculations & Final SOA to Charterers
- Prepare and send Final Hire Statements to Charterers
- Follow up with Charterers on any disputes/outstanding payments
- Compare budget vs actual voyage result
- Ensure all docs/necessary info are saved in the Cloud voyage files
- Prepare and send requested reports
- Enter AMS entries for all vessels discharging in the United States
Start date – early 2024
Only candidates who currently reside in Cyprus will be taken into consideration.
If you are interested please send your CV to Maria Thierbach in the Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by SMT. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.