Job Description: Legal Counsel/Claims Manager
As an FDD/P&I Claims Handler based in London or Cyprus, you will hold a critical role in effectively managing and resolving claims related to Freight Demurrage and Defense (FDD) and Protection and Indemnity (P&I) insurance coverage. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, your primary responsibility will be to handle FDD and P&I claims, liaising with our insurers, and directing the company’s claims-handling strategy.
1. To handle allocated claims and related tasks as requested involving our insurers where necessary including:
- assessing risk and liability through collecting, analysing and assimilating information;
- providing advice or recommendations to SMT, on claims handling strategy to resolve the claim in the most cost-effective and expedient manner;
- maintaining regular reviews of claims and estimates;
- maintaining appropriate diary review in respect of time bars and key dates; and
- for FDD claims, assessing whether cases should be supported, and monitoring likely costs2General administration and organisation including orderly document management.
2. Providing guidance, supervision and training to other employees and third parties as required.
3. Monitoring the claims and advising the General Counsel and Insurance Team as appropriate.
4. Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders at SMT to enhance service.
5. Attending both internal and external training seminars and programs as required.
Legal training would be an advantage, but this role will suit someone with 2+ years’ Club or in-house claims experience.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please email your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 26 July 2023